Brown & Watson International Pty Ltd (BWI) of 1500 Ferntree Gully Road, Knoxfield, Victoria, telephone (03) 9730 6000, fax (03) 9730 6050, warrants all ‘Big Red Gear’ products from the date of purchase by the end-user for a period of one (1) year and covers defects in materials and/or workmanship only from the date of the original purchase by the consumer as marked on the invoice.
BWI also offers extended warranty periods on selected products as indicated on product packaging.
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or apply to a product that:
- has been subject to misuse, alterations, neglect, negligence, damage or accident
- has been improperly maintained, operated or installed
- has not been installed in accordance with the installation instructions in effect at the time of installation or as recommended to be installed by suitably qualified personnel
- has not been installed in accordance with the vehicle, engine or equipment manufacturers’ recommendations
- has had insufficient or excessive electrical supply or subject to undue environmental conditions
- has been fitted to any vehicle that has been changed or modified from original specification in a way that could impact on the performance of the BWI warranted product
BWI warranty does not cover replacement of any product consumable items (i.e. bulbs or lenses).
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a warranty claim:
- If the product is suspected of being defective, the consumer must stop using it and contact the original place of purchase.
- The product must be returned (at the consumer’s expense) to the original place of purchase or any other place nominated by the retailer or BWI for a warranty assessment to be performed.
- The original proof of purchase together with an explanation in writing as to the nature of the claim must accompany the returned product to assist with the warranty assessment.
- The consumer shall promptly provide further information that may be requested with respect to the claim.
- The customer will be notified of the warranty decision in writing and if found to be invalid the customer must organise collection of the product at their expense or authorise its disposal.
- Free Call our Technical Support team for any Technical and Warranty related enquires on: 1800 422 422 (Australia).
If the claim is found to be valid and is for a minor failure of the product then BWI reserves the right to repair or replace the product at its discretion.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
To the extent permitted by law, BWI shall not be liable for any loss of profits or any consequential, indirect or special loss, damage or injury of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from ‘Big Red Gear’ products. This limitation does not apply to any liability of BWI for failure to comply with a consumer guarantee applicable to your ‘Big Red Gear’ product under the Australian Consumer Law legislation and does not affect any rights or remedies that may be available to you under such legislation.